INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. –Purdue basketball is one game away from winning its second Big Ten tournament title in program history. The team plays against Iowa at 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday inside Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
The Boilermakers are just 1-3 all-time in championship games, with their lone win coming in 2009. It’s the first Finals appearance for Purdue since 2018, when it finished second to Michigan.
The team is coming off a 75-70 win Saturday over Michigan State in the semifinals, earning its first-ever victory over the Spartans in the Big Ten Tourney. Iowa was red in its game against Indiana, knocking down 14 shots from the 3-point line in an 80-77 victory.
The Boilermakers and Hawkeyes have faced each other twice this season, with Purdue picking up both wins.
This is how our live blog works. We’ll keep you up to date with everything happening in the game in real time, keeping you up to date with rotations, scores and trends. Highlights will be included as they become available.
Championship Sunday is here, so let’s get things started. JThe most recent articles will be at the top.
PRE-MATCH — As expected, no changes to Purdue basketball’s starting lineup in the Big Ten Tournament title game against Iowa.
- Second-year forward Mason Gillis
- Zach Edey sophomore center
- Second-year guard Jaden Ivey
- Lead goaltender Eric Hunter Jr.
- Senior guard Sasha Stefanovic
Purdue Basketball Stories
- BIG TEN TITLE A MUST FOR BOILERS: A boatload of regular season wins is great, but a very talented Purdue team had many goals for this 2022 season, and they haven’t accomplished any of them yet. It was a goal to win that Big Ten tournament in Indianapolis, and they get their shot in Sunday’s final against Iowa. Holding a trophy is a much-needed confidence booster for Boilers. CLICK HERE
- ERIC HUNTER JR. BIG HITS FOR PURDUE: Purdue edged Michigan State by a single point before Eric Hunter Jr. scored two 3-pointers, helping the team get their lead back to double digits. He scored his 11 points in the second half of a 75-70 win in the Big Ten semifinals on Saturday. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE SURPASSES MICHIGAN STATE: After both teams struggled in the first half, Purdue and Michigan lit up the scoreboard after halftime with a berth in the Big Ten Tournament final on the line. The Boilermakers, led by 22 points by Jaden Ivey, made enough plays to maintain control of the game and walk away with a win. CLICK HERE
- WHAT MATT PAINTER SAID AFTER THE VICTORY: Here’s what Purdue head coach Matt Painter said after the team’s 75-70 win over Michigan State in the Big Ten tournament semifinals. Below is the full transcript of his post-match press conference. CLICK HERE
- WHAT JADEN IVEY, TREVION WILLIAMS SAID AFTER VICTORY: Here’s what Purdue players Jaden Ivey and Trevion Williams said after the team’s 75-70 win over Michigan State in the Big Ten tournament semifinals. Below is the full transcript of their post-match press conference. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE, MICHIGAN STATE PHOTO GALLERY: See 30 photos from Purdue’s 75-70 win over Michigan State in the Big Ten semifinals. CLICK HERE