Image credit: Sonos
Multi-room wireless home audio experts Sonos are expanding their home theater lineup, with an all-new soundbar perfect for TV, music and gaming.
Sonos Ray offers powerful sound in a compact format. At $279, the new soundbar joins Sonos’ Beam (Gen 2) at $449 and Arc at $899. Available in black and white, Ray is home to new innovations including balanced sound, crisp dialogue and solid bass from four Class-D digital amplifiers, two tweeters, two high-output woofers and a bass-reflex system .
As with other Sonos speakers, setup is simple with the Sonos app. Ray can be paired with any other Sonos speaker for multi-room sound, or a pair of Sonos Ones for surround sound ($677 for all three speakers). Connectivity is decent, including WiFi (Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect), Ethernet and optical, while existing TV and touchscreen remotes can be used for controls. Beyond TV, Sonos Ray is compatible with all major streaming services for music, radio, podcasts and audiobooks. Use the Sonos app to adjust the equalizer to your liking.
- Room-filling sound: Custom-designed waveguides project sound from wall to wall, and advanced processing precisely positions elements throughout the room to make you feel like you’re at the center of the story.
- Precisely Balanced: A new bass reflex system with an exclusive design delivers heart-pounding bass with perfectly weighted bass, while custom acoustics precisely harmonize the mid and high frequencies.
- Tuned to Perfection: Like all Sonos speakers, Ray has been tuned with input from the Sonos Soundboard, a collection of leaders in music, film and more. Fine-tune the sound even further with Trueplay to create the ideal listening experience for any room.
- Enhanced Hearing: Sonos speech enhancement ensures even greater clarity so you never miss a word, while Night Sound reduces the intensity of loud effects so you don’t disturb anyone else at home.
- Compact Design: Whether you place it on your media stand or store it in a credenza, Ray’s low-profile and incredibly compact design blends into any space.
- SUSTAINABLE SOUND: Ray also offers our most sustainable design packaging yet, complete with a gift box and protective cushions made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
Homes have become movie theaters, fitness studios, gaming centers and more, all supported by a streaming era that is no longer exclusive to TV, music and film. Ray makes it easier than ever to enhance those listening experiences, thanks to its small size and impressive sound.
Patrick Spence, CEO, Sonos
Sonos’ new soundbar, along with its more accessible price point, makes it a great option for those setting up their first home theater or expanding their setup to multiple rooms. Sonos Ray is available for pre-order today, with shipping starting June 7. An optional wall mount can be added for an additional $39.