Hundreds of MSPs are at your disposal to ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 Conference this week in Orlando, Florida. CEO Jason Magee (pictured above) recapped many of the milestones listed below, while Chief Customer Officer Craig Fulton navigated specific security product and service updates with ConnectWise executives. Here’s a live blog chronicling all the conference updates and news for security-focused MSPs.
Do you have news to share during the conference? Please email me the details: [email protected].
12. Cyber Insurance Partnership: A new partnership between ConnectWise, ControlCase and Fifth wall solutions provides “the education, automation, and pricing assistance needed to help MSPs prepare for and purchase insurance, eliminating dozens of steps they and their customers would otherwise have to to take,” the companies said. The built-in workflow looks like this:
- ControlCase has created a ConnectWise Manage application that guides the MSP through a cybersecurity assessment.
- When partners and customers are ready, Fifthwall Solutions is then available to provide insurance quotes from over 35 providers.
11. ConnectWise Security Stack: The company has emphasized its expertise in SIEM, EDR/MDR, cloud application security and policy management, and SOC services. Additionally, the Asio Platform (the ConnectWise Foundation for Microservices) now supports ConnectWise Risk Assessment (formerly known as Fortify Assessment).
10. SentinelOne Integration: ConnectWise BrightGauge now offers a SentinelOne integration, which allows partners to create “actionable security dashboards”.
9. Security documents: ITBoost now has a suite of standard operating procedures (SOPs) that support incident response and information security policies.
8. Password management and privileged access management: Password Boss and AutoElevate have changed names under Nickname of CyberFox. The company offers password and privileged access management solutions designed for MSPs. Former ConnectWise President David Bellini leads the company, with key contributors including ConnectWise and Liongard veteran Adam Slutskin.
7. Partnership – Cyber Assurance and SaaS Application Security: Cyber SeedPod offers MSPs to use Increase Discover and Increase security up to 40% off the cost of cyber insurance for the customers they serve. Augmentt was founded by N-able veterans Derik Belair and Gavin Garbutt.
6. Incident Response for MSPs: The recently announced ConnectWise Incident Response service is now generally available to MSPs. As giants like Mandiant make headlines for Fortune 500 incident response services, ConnectWise is looking to position its services as more suitable – both technically and financially – for MSPs in the SMB sector.
5. ConnectWise Cybersecurity Partner Program: The first details surfaced in May 2021. We will see updates during the conference.
4. CISO: Keep a close eye on ConnectWise CISO Patrick Beggs. No doubt it will describe how ConnectWise continues to strengthen its software development practices and overall code base.
3. ConnectWise Cybersecurity Products and Services: The name to know here is Raffael Marty, general manager of cybersecurity at ConnectWise. The cyber effort involves homegrown products as well as multiple acquisitions – names like Continuum, Perch Security and StratoZen. We’ll look at how ConnectWise can refine the positioning and branding of these services.
2. ConnectWise Asio: Speaking of codebases, ConnectWise’s new products and services are built on the Asio codebase. We’ll be watching to see which security services – if any – are making their debut atop Asio.
1. More updates: Do you have news to share during the conference? Please email me the details: [email protected].