In what will be the first of 3 losses to end this abysmal year, your Houston Texans will give the gift of holiday cheer to the Los Angeles Chargers in the form of an easy win.
LA is currently aiming for the playoffs while Houston is currently as far away from it as humanly possible. A story of 2 franchises, so to speak, one coming out of a rebuild, the other so far below that they go lower than any team before.
These teams have met 7 times before, with the Chargers holding a 5-2 lead over H-Town. The last game was on 9/22/19 with Houston winning 27-20. The Texans have won 2 of the last 3 games.
Los Angeles Chargers key stats
- QB JUSTIN HERBERT had 236 yards and had 3 touchdowns (2 assists, 1 rush) against INT last week. Aim for 6th in a row with 2+ TD assists. Has over 115 points in 2 of the last 3. Aiming for 4th place on the road with over 300 passing yards. Ranks 3rd in the NFL with 4,058 passing yards and is the 2nd all-time player (JAMEIS WINTON) with over 4,000 passing yards in each of the first 2 seasons. At 8,394 career passing yards, most per player in the first 2 seasons.
- RB AUSTIN EKELER had 82 scrum yards (59 rush, 23 rec.) & TD rush last week. At TD in 6 straight games, longest career TD streak. Aim for 6th place with over 80 yards of scrimmage. Got 81 scrimmage yards (45 rec., 36 rushes) and 7 catches last meet. Is the only NFL player with over 10 Urgent TDs (10) and 5+ rec. touchdowns (7) this season.
- RB JUSTIN JACKSON recorded 99 scrum yards (86 rush, 13 rec.) in Week 15.
- WR KEENAN ALLEN had 6 catches for 78 yards and touchdown last week. Aim for the 3rd in a row with rec. TD. A 75+ rec. yards in 6 of the last 7. Made 13 catches for a career-high 183 yards and 2 touchdowns last meet. Is the only NFL player with over 90 catches in each of the past 5 seasons.
- WR MIKE WILLIAMS has more than 5 outlets in 2 of the 3.
- WR JALEN GUYTON aims for the 4th in a row with rec. TD.
- S DERWIN JAMES tied for 3rd among DB with 102 tackles. Has more than 5 tackles in 12 of his 13 games this season.
- LB KYZIR WHITE team led with 9 tackles and had TFL last week. Aim for 10th place with more than 8 tackles.
- LB UCHENNA NWOSU had 2 PD and 1st INT career last week.
Houston Texans key stats
- QB DAVIS MILLS (rookie) finished 19 of 30 atts. (63.3 percent) for 209 yards and 2 touchdowns against INT for 92.2 last week. Aim for 3rd row with a score of 90+. Has 7 touchdowns against INT for a score of 106.9 in 4 home starts this season. Aiming for his 4th consecutive home start with over 300 passing yards and over 90 scores. Ranks 2nd among rookies with 65.6 comp. PCT, 10 TD assists and 82.2 rating this season.
- RB REX BURKHEAD had 83 scrimmage yards (68 rec., 15 rushes) and 7 catches in his last game against BAC (10/29/17 with NE). Has more than 50 scrum yards in 2 of his last 3 home games.
- RB DAVID JOHNSON tallied 79 yards scrum (63 rushing, 16 sc) in a single career game against BAC (11/25/18 with Az.). Has more than 50 scrum yards in 2 of his last 3 home games.
- WR BRANDIN KITCHEN Made a season-high 7 catches for 102 yards and 2 touchdowns last week, his 4th 100-yard game this season. Aim for 3rd in a row with 7+ holds and 100+ rec. meters. Had 7 catches for 90 yards in his last game against LAC (9/23/18 with LAR). Need 55 rec. yards for the 6th career season with over 1,000 rec. meters.
- WR PHILLIP DORSETT had 43 rec. yards in week 15. Rookie
- TE BREVIN JORDAN a rec. TD in 2 of his 3.
- LB GARRET WALLOW (rookie) tied for first on the team with 11 tackles, a career-high, and was sacked for his first career last week.
- DEREK RIVERS had 2 TFLs, a career-high, and the 1st sack of the season in week 15.
- BY CHRIS SMITH had the 1st bag of the season last week.
- S ERIC MURRAY had 8 tackles and PD last week.
- CB TAVIERRE THOMAS Tied for first on the team with 11 tackles, a career-high, in Week 15.
The real key moment to watch for Sunday will come after the game is over: Will David Culley find himself out of a job soon after Houston loses this game?